Operation Round Up
One of the cooperative principles emphasizes our commitment to the communities we serve. Several thousand members of the Cooperative participate in an innovative program, known as Operation Round Up, to provide funding for people and projects in our local communities.
Operation Round Up Scholarship Application
The application is currently closed for this year. Check back for next year.
Operation Round Up Teacher Mini-Grant Application
Start Operation Round Up Teacher Mini-Grant Application
Deadline: May 15, 2017 (5:00 p.m.) (printed applications can be postmarked by May 15, 2017)
About The Program
Operation Round Up receives contributions from Cooperative members whose monthly utility bills are rounded up to the next dollar. You must request your accounts be added to the program.
For example, if your monthly bill was $65.64, it is automatically rounded up to $66.00. The extra cents collected go to Operation Round Up.
The average annual contribution is about $6.00 per year. If all of the Cooperative’s members were contributing to Operation Round Up, the fund would grow by more than $258,000 annually!
Ten members, your neighbors, sit on the Operation Round Up board. They review applications and approve grants. They are also the eyes and ears in your community for potential projects.
The Cooperative implemented Operation Round Up in 1993. Most of Operation Round Up's donations go to three categories:
- individuals including: victims of house fires, medical tragedies and scholarships
- communities including: youth programs, city and county projects and school projects
- organizations including: Neighborhood House, Women’s Protective Services, Assist Human Needs, Backyard Missions, Salvation Army, American Red Cross and others
Contributions to Operation Round Up are tax deductible. To sign up for the program, use our contact form.
Examples of Past Grants
- 2012-2013 Teacher Grant Hodges 2.80MB .pdf
- 2012-2013 Teacher Grant Oak Ridge 3.20MB .pdf
- 2012-2013 Teacher Grant Cotton Center 3.02MB .pdf
- 2011-2012 Teacher Grant Spur 3.10MB .pdf
- 2011-2012 Teacher Grant North Ridge 2.70MB .pdf
- 2011-2012 Teacher Grant Slaton 2.00MB .pdf
- 2011-2012 Teacher Grant Cotton Center 2 3.10MB .pdf
- 2011-2012 Teacher Grant Cotton Center 1 2.62MB .pdf
- Teacher Mini-Grants 1.40MB .pdf
- Operation Round Up: How it Works 190KB .pdf
- Operation Round Up 2013 Scholarship Recipients 4.30MB .pdf
- Operation Round Up 2012 Scholarship Recipients 5.40MB .pdf
- Operation Round Up 2010 Scholarship Recipients 455KB .pdf
- Operation Round Up Helps CASA of the South Plains 169KB .pdf
- Operation Round Up Helps Dickens City Park 214KB .pdf
- Operation Round Up Helps Hospice of Lubbock 175KB .pdf
- Operation Round Up Helps Spur Clinic 165KB .pdf
- Operation Round Up Helps Spur ISD Athletics 166KB .pdf
- Operation Round Up Helps Volunteer Fire Departments 77KB .pdf